Of The Manzano Mountains
Not interested in living here but rather investing? Buying land in this area is an inexpensive way into the Valencia Real Estate market. With the recent ground-breaking on the Facebook Data Center in Los Lunas and the continuing overflow of businesses looking to locate in close proximity to the Albuquerque Metro Area, home and land values in this region are only going to continue to rise.
- This property sits in the Rio Del Oro subdivision, an area that was originally subdivded into thousands of quarter acre lots. One of the reasons there hasn't been much development out this way is because of New Mexico Enviornmental rules which make it difficult to build on rural land less than 3/4 acre in size. Similarly, when the parcels were originally sold, few people bought three lots, much less three adjacent lots. The fact we have ELEVEN adjacent lots makes this already good deal exceptional because of how much more building opportunity you'll have over other land owners in the area, either now or in the future.
- The Rio Del Oro subdivision is zoned 'Planned Development' which means the county is encouraging development from builders looking to come in and build fifty houses, as opposed to private individuals building one or two. At the moment, this hasn't happened for a number of reasons, one of them being the multitude of land owners in the region that a developer would have to buy out. Similarly, there's a large expanse of land between here and nearby Los Lunas that most builders are currently busy constructing homes in. Meaning neither population growth or the developers that feed off it have thought, or had reason, to build up this region. All this being said, a hillside location such as this, at the base of the mountains and overlooking the neighbors, will one day be coveted by these same entities that are ignoring it now.
- This property occupies the entire eastern and southern ends of what is designed to be a residential road. Some of the eleven lots sit at the back end of this cul de sac. (See Google Earth imagery in the gallery at the bottom of this page).
- There are currently no power lines close to these lots. The nearest seem to be located at a quarry one mile north/northwest. We reccomend contacting the local power company to inquire about the cost of bringing power to these properties.
- This property sits roughly ten miles east of Valencia High School and nine miles from the nearest home.
- While secluded, this property is easily accessible as our photographer reports excellent driving conditions along the well maintained dirt gravel roads leading out to the area.
- Driving east, this property sits at the farthest end of the subdivision at the foothills of the Manzano Mountains. What this means is that anything you build on this land will not have its views of the mountains obstructed by future development. No one can build to your east and whatever paradise you create for yourself out here will be perserved for future generations of your family.
|Location||Valencia County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||2.75 Acres|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description|| RIO DEL ORO, UNIT 37, BLOCK 38,
LOTS 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 & 32
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 34.742808 -106.470266|
|NW: 34.7437007007156 -106.471022840606|
|NE: 34.7438492977077 -106.47060697462001|
|SW: 34.7413525860055 -106.47046662603401|
|SE: 34.7419439114796 -106.46960779203499|
|Zoning||Planned Development PDF|
|Access||Well Maintained Dirt/Gravel Roads|
|Power||Solar or Alternative; No Power At Lot|
|Water||By Well, Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Special Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Notary Close|
|Doc Prep Fee||$150.00|
|Nearby Towns||Los Lunas: 15 miles|
|Belen: 18 miles|
|Albuquerque: 25 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Rio Metro Rail Line (Link)|
|Isleta Casino & Resort (Link)|
|Tierra Del Sol Golf Course & Country Club (Link)|
|Abo Canyon (Link)|
|Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge (Link)|
|Manzano Mountains State Park (Link)|
|Rio Salado River (Link)|
|Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument (Link)|
|County Contact Info||Valencia County Assessor's Office (505) 866-2065|
|Valencia County Planning & Zoning (505) 866-2050|
|Valencia County Comprehensive Land Use Plan (PDF)|
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.