- The Rio Grand Estates Subdivision is one of the last untouched portions of Valencia County and stretches from the more populated region in the I-25 corridor to the Manzano Mountains in the east and the Socorro County border in the south. Each property in this expansive subdivision was surveyed and pinned years ago when the area was first approved. Platted out many decades back with each parcel having legal access, the roads in the more undeveloped area, however, can be difficult to navigate or even locate. Anyone looking to build out here will have to do what most all the neighbors have done, which is contact the county about road grading services.
- This particular property sits less than half a mile from the major arterial New Mexico State Road 47 which will provide quick and easy access to I-25 in the northwest, or US 60 in the southeast.
- Living here will offer excellent "off grid" privacy while still placing you only a few miles from the more developed region in the I-25 corridor. There you'll have easy access to groceries, supplies, churches, hospitals and schools. Locally there's a Wal-Mart in Belen, a small regional airport, UNM's Valencia campus, the Isleta Casino and Resort and Tierra Del Sol Country Club and Golf Course.
- The Rio Metro recently expanded it's rail line from Belen to Santa Fe with stops in Los Lunas and Albuquerque, making it even easier to live here and commute to work.
- This area is zoned ‘Planned Development’ which means the county is looking for more “aesthetic uniformity” among property owners. At the very least, it’s safe to assume they don’t want people living out of RVs or school buses within this area. Mobile and modular homes are likely fine as long as they have solid foundations. As always, we encourage buyers to contact the county Planning & Zoning office with any questions they have about what is and is not permitted.
|Location||Valencia County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||1 Acre|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description|| RIO GRANDE ESTATES, UNIT U, BLOCK 1344,
LOTS 7 & 8
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 34.618260 -106.683867|
|NW: 34.6184973139095 -106.684140635407|
|NE: 34.6184998880228 -106.68341671817097|
|SW: 34.6179477559723 -106.68413777384603|
|SE: 34.6179503300332 -106.68341386138201|
|Zoning||Planned Development PDF|
|Access||Well Maintained Dirt/Gravel Roads|
|Power||Across the Street, at the corner of either Padrino or Rayo Roads|
|Phone||In The Area or Mobile/Satellite|
|Water||By Well, Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Special Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Notary Close|
|Doc Prep Fee||$150.00|
|Nearby Towns||Belen: 6 miles|
|Los Lunas: 13 miles|
|Albuquerque: 32 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Rio Metro Rail Line (Link)|
|Isleta Casino & Resort (Link)|
|Tierra Del Sol Golf Course & Country Club (Link)|
|Abo Canyon (Link)|
|Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge (Link)|
|Manzano Mountains State Park (Link)|
|Rio Salado River (Link)|
|Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument (Link)|
|County Contact Info||Valencia County Assessor's Office (505) 866-2065|
|Valencia County Planning & Zoning (505) 866-2050|
|Valencia County Comprehensive Land Use Plan (PDF)|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info|
|Well Drilling Permit Application|
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.