Only 20 Minutes From Taos
- All parcels within the Tres Piedras Estates subdivison have legal access, as roads and easements were allowed for in the original Plats of the area. A four wheel drive or other off-road capable vehicle may be required to navigate some of the roads. As is to be expected, some areas are easier to get to than others, some roads are easier to drive on than others.
- Power can be found nearby on the 64 and in some of the parcels closer to that highway, but city utilities have not yet been extended into the further parts of the subdivision, hence making solar energy a necessary but affordable solution. When the day comes that power lines are extended throughout this area, however, the value of this land will increase immeasurably making this an even better investment.
- Wells are generally considered infeasible in this area and most residents either rely on rainwater catchment systems or refillable tanks for their drinking water.
- If you're purchasing land to build you should check with the county zoning office to learn what permits are required on land smaller than 3/4 of an acre.
- Taos County has very relaxed zoning laws, and in an area such as this which is zoned County Rural Area, a person can park an RV and live out of it for 180 Days even without a building permit. Realistically, one can probably live out of it for much longer as it's doubtful that anyone in county government is keeping track of how long what is parked where.
- Our quarter acre lots are priced at $750, our half acre lots are priced at $1,500 and our one acre lots are priced at $3,000. Based on all available comps both on the MLS and the internet, these are the lowest priced and most affordable lots within this area. Owner financing with affordable down payments and easy monthly payments are also offered.
- The Hemingway Land Company has recently acquired 50 parcels within this subdivision and plans to acquire more in the interest of recombining adjacent quarter and half acre parcels to make larger one acre parcels, and hence, create more value for our buyers. Linked below is a list of the properties we own in this subdivision as broken down by Legal Description of Unit/Block/Lot. This list will be updated as time goes on to reflect which lots have been sold, and what properties are Under Contract or Coming Soon. Should you already own land in this area and are looking to expand your property boundaries, we encourage you to review this list or call our offices to see if the land you're looking for is one we may be listing in the weeks ahead.
|Location||Taos County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||0.25 Acre|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description||TRES PIEDRAS ESTATES UNIT 6 BLOCK 77 LOT D|
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 36.634941 -105.921830|
|NW: 36.6350083436751 -105.92216780194002|
|NE: 36.6350049052557 -105.921531311597|
|SW: 36.6348328580967 -105.92216216027401|
|SE: 36.634829075655 -105.92152609552602|
|Zoning||County Rural Area|
|Power||Solar or Alternative|
|Water||Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Special Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Notary Close|
|Doc Prep Fee||$150.00|
|Nearby Towns||Taos: 25 miles|
|Santa Fe: 66 miles|
|Las Vegas: 83 miles|
|Albuquerque: 118 miles|
|Farmington: 128 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Things To Do In Taos (Link)|
|Taos Ski Valley (Link)|
|Taos Pueblo (Link)|
|Pueblo Balloon Tours (Link)|
|Taos Wine Tours (Link)|
|Llama Trekking (Link)|
|Angel Fire Ski Resort (Link)|
|Sipapu Ski Resort (Link)|
|Things To Do In Santa Fe (Link)|
|County Contact Info||Taos County Assessor's Office (575) 737-6360|
|Taos County Planning & Zoning (575) 737-6440|
|New Mexico Environmental Department (505) 827-2855|
|Taos County Zoning Ordinance (Link)|
|Taos County Zoning Map (Link)|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info (Link)|
|Well Drilling Permit Application (Link)|
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.