Close To Elephant Butte Lake
This half acre lot, situated just two miles from the Lake in the charming community of Elephant Butte, is perfect for anyone looking to take advantage of all this area has to offer. Whether you’re looking for a property on which to build a seasonal vacation home, a relaxing small town in which to retire or are simply searching for an ideal spot to build your next lucrative AirBnB venture, this property has it all.
- This half acre lot is located along Rio Grande Circle. It has paved road access, power at the lot line, and sits in an area where all nearby homes are connected to city utilities. Additionally, it is located less than two miles from Elephant Butte Lake and State Park, the largest body of water in New Mexico. Living this close, you’ll be able to enjoy leisurely strolls to the marina, or a relaxing bike ride.
- This property is located in the Lake Shore Estates 2nd Filing Subdivision, an area with covenants & restrictions (CCRs) meant to preserve the quality of the neighborhood. The CCRs governing this area favor single family homes, though also allow mobile homes with permanent foundations. Additionally, up to two boats ("one pleasure boat and one fishing boat") are allowed to be stored on the property. RVs may be parked in the driveway of a home but camping and/or living out of your RV is forbidden.
- While there are plenty of stores nearby for groceries and supplies, Elephant Butte is a very small lake side community. Fortunately, Truth or Consequences is only a five mile drive south along the 181. There you’ll be able to find plenty of additional resources including a Super Wal-Mart, numerous fast food restaurants, schools, churches and medical facilities.
- Living here will put you within close proximity to not one, but two great golf courses in the Turtleback Mountain Resort & Golf Course and the Sierra Rio Golf Course.
- There are plenty of great outdoor activities to enjoy here besides those offered at the nearby lake. You can explore the Black Range Mountains or go hiking along the trails of the Turtleback Mountain; enjoy the camping and boating at Caballo Lake State Park or spend an afternoon at Spaceport America, learning about space travel and experiencing life as an astronaut.
- Priced at $10,000 this is the cheapest half acre lot currently available in Sierra County. Additionally, this lot is priced well below all like type properties within Elephant Butte, a region where real estate tends to be more expensive than the rest of the county due to its proximity to the lake.
- We are currently selling three lots in this subdivision, all of which are adjacent to one another. The other two lots, both roughly a half acre each, Reference Numbers SRNM-1232B & SRNM-1232C, are located along Superior Drive to the west of this property and may provide an excellent opportunity to build on one of the larger home sites in the area. Anyone looking to purchase all three will be afforded a discounted price of $25,000.
- This property was closed on an its title insured through Ekmar Abstract & Title Company.
- We are offering two payment options to our Buyers:
- CASH OPTION: This is a one time payment of $10,000 for which we will be seeking an upfront Non-Refundable Earnest Money Deposit of $500.00. After we have your Deposit we will contact you about how to proceed with finalizing the purchase, whether it be by credit card, wire transfer or title & escrow. If you elect to close through escrow, buyer will be responsible for all closing costs. To learn more about how the buying process works or to review one of our standard Sale/Purchase Agreements, please visit our How Buying Works page.
- FINANCING OPTION: If you’d prefer to pay off the property more gradually, we’re asking for a minimum $5,000 Deposit and Monthly Installments of $250.00 for 30 Months. To view a copy of one of our standard Land Contracts, click here.
|Location||Sierra County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||0.5 Acre|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description||LAKESHORE ESTATES 2ND FILING, BLOCK 10,
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 33.200954 -107.222636|
|NW: 33.201039233127 -107.222888334889|
|NE: 33.2010410268217 -107.222169134483|
|SW: 33.2007643995759 -107.222887363958|
|SE: 33.2008211599981 -107.222168359538|
|Power||At The Lot Line|
|Phone||At The Lot Line|
|Water||Water Lines In Area|
|Sewer||Sewer Lines In Area|
|Conveyance Document||Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Buyer's Choice|
|Doc Prep Fee||Waived|
|Nearby Towns||Truth Or Consequences: 5 miles|
|Socorro: 62 miles|
|Las Cruces: 66 miles|
|Silver City: 68 miles|
|Deming: 71 miles|
|Belen: 103 miles|
|Los Lunas: 114 miles|
|Albuquerque: 134 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Elephant Butte Lake State Park (Link)|
|Marina Del Sur (Link)|
|Turtleback Mountain Resort (Link)|
|Sierra Del Rio Golf Club (Link)|
|Caballo Lake State Park (Link)|
|Spaceport America (Link)|
|County Contact Info||Sierra County Assessor's Office (575) 894-2589|
|Sierra County Planning Comission (575) 894-6215|
|Sierra Electric Cooperative, Inc (575) 744-5231|
|New Mexico Water Service (505) 864-2218|
|New Mexico Gas Company 1-888-NM-GAS-CO|
|Sierra County GIS (575) 894-6215|
|New Mexico Environmental Department (505) 827-2855|
|Sierra County Comprehensive Plan (PDF)|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info (Link)|
|Well Drilling Permit Application (Link)|
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.