No Zoning Restrictions
Close To Navajo Marina
Earnest Money Deposit: $500.00
Another nice thing about this land is its proximity to all the other great outdoor recreation activities offered in the nearby counties. If you ever get tired of taking your boat or jet ski to the Navajo Marina, you can drive east to adjacent Rio Arriba County and explore the El Vado, Heron and Abiquiu Lakes. This property doesn't have to be seasonal and enjoyed only in the summer months, however. In the winter you can take advantage of the world famous Taos Ski Valley which is less than two hours to your east or Telluride, which is just across the Colorado border and less than an hour and a half to your north.
Best of all is that this property sits in one of the unincorporated areas of the county, meaning there are no Planning & Zoning restrictions and living in a mobile or modular home is perfectly legal, as well as creating a road side business such as boat rental or storage.
- This property is located 10 miles west of the Navajo Marina, 12 miles east of Bloomfield, 15 miles southeast of Aztec and 25 miles northeast of Farmington. This means grocery and supply runs are never too far away, and schools, churches and hospitals are within easy driving distance.
- Power and phone lines can be found directly across the street from this lot and run along the south side of County Road 4599. This should make getting power extended to the subject property easy and affordable.
- Located only a half mile from the property is the San Juan River. Known as a world class fly fishing destination, this river will provide excellent opportunities for fishing and relaxation.
- This property is a roughly ten minute drive from the Navajo Marina, the second largest body of water in the state. Whether you bring your own boat or rent one there, this area will provide numerous activites for you and your family from fishing and swimming to boating and kayaking and everything in between.
- In regards zoning, it should be noted that in conversations with the county, this area is defined as 'Unincoporated San Juan County' in which there are no zoning regulations. Typically we reccomend that buyers contact local municipalities to confirm that there are no additional rules or regulations specific to the city the property sits within. This property is located in close proximity to Bloomfield, though from all our research, it doesn't seem to be part of Bloomfield's jurisdicition. Additionally, Turley has no government offices where one can direct questions about zoning or permitting. The point of all this is that while mobile and modular homes are permitted within this area (as we can discern from viewing the neighbor's property) it's not clear exactly how permissive local government is about less traditional off-grid style living arrangements. If your goal is to live out of an RV or build a tiny home or park a shipping container on these five acres, our research leads us to believe you'd be able to do it. This being said, as this property sits along a main road, it should be anticipated that if you're doing anything wrong or objectionable, county officials are more likely to hear about it then if the land were more seculded.
- The San Juan County Assessor places the market value of this land at $30,000 and with the exception of our own inventory, we can not find anything else - either on the MLS or the internet - that comes anywhere close to this property on a price-per-acre basis.
NOTE: We are requesting an upfront Non-Refundable Earnest Money Deposit of $500.00. This is not an installment sale and there is no financing offered. This is a cash transaction. After we have your Deposit we will contact you about how to proceed with finalizing the purchase, whether it be by credit card, wire transfer or title & escrow. If you elect to close through escrow, buyer will be responsible for all closing costs.
|Location||San Juan County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||4.39 Acres|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description||SECTION 34 TOWNSHIP 30N RANGE 9W BEGINNING N88 05 W 548.15 FT FROM E1/4 CORNER OF 34 30 09, THENCE ON CURVE TO RIGHT 313.91 FT, S62 26 WEST 562.18 FT, N01 11 W 465.48 FT|
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 36.767492 -107.762361|
|NW: 36.7679066126417 -107.763372361646|
|NE: 36.7678340365523 -107.760770904324|
|SW: 36.7666321403615 -107.763338643177|
|SE: 36.7673448993033 -107.761638071191|
|Zoning||Rural-Residential, No Zoning Restrictions|
|Access||Along Paved County Road 4599|
|Power||In The Area|
|Phone||In The Area|
|Water||By Well, Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Title/Escrow|
|Doc Prep Fee||Waived|
|Nearby Towns||Farmington: 25 miles|
|Telluride: 81 miles|
|Gallup: 100 miles|
|Taos: 123 miles|
|Santa Fe: 125 miles|
|Albuquerque: 131 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Navajo Dam Marina (Link)|
|Heron Lake State Park (Link)|
|El Vado Lake State Park (Link)|
|Abiquiu Lake Recreation Area (Link)|
|Georgie O’Keefe Museum (Link)|
|Things To Do In Telluride (Link)|
|Things To Do In Taos (Link)|
|Things To Do In Taos Ski Valley (Link)|
|Four Corners Monument (Link)|
|Things To Do In Sante Fe (Link)|
|County Contact Info||San Juan County Assessor's Office (505) 334-6157|
|San Juan County Building Division (505) 334-4313|
|San Juan County Zoning Ordinance|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info (Link)|
|Well Drilling Permit Application (Link)|
Earnest Money Deposit: $500.00
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.