On An Island In New Mexico
Close To Navajo Marina
Earnest Money Deposit: $500.00
Located just north of the Navajo Marina, this 2.5 acre lot is a perfect place to build your summer cabin or vacation getaway as it will put you in easy driving distance of all the great boating, fishing and water sports available nearby. Another nice thing about this land is its proximity to all the other great outdoor recreation activities offered in the nearby counties. If you ever get tired of taking your boat or jet ski to the marina, you can drive east to adjacent Rio Arriba County and explore the El Vado, Heron and Abiquiu Lakes. This property doesn't have to be seasonal and enjoyed only in the summer months, however. In the winter you can take advantage of the world famous Taos Ski Valley which is less than two hours to your east, or Telluride, which is just across the Colorado border and less than an hour and a half to your north. Best of all is that this property sits in one of the unincorporated areas of the county, meaning there are no Planning & Zoning restrictions and the indiscriminate parking of and living out of an RV is perfectly legal.
- As there are no planning & zoning laws in this part of the county, this property is ideal for those looking to experiment with alternative housing such as a tiny home, container home, earth ship home, or for those who just want to live out of their RV.
- Power, gas and water lines can be found on or near the subject property. It should be noted, however, that the water lines are marked purple, a color which typically means “not potable.”
- This property sits roughly one mile from the Pine River. While there are no boat ramps in this area, this can be an excellent place to fish as the river banks are easily accessible - either on foot or by car - from the subject property.
- The best way to access this property is by driving south from Colorado. We’ve included driving direction maps in our gallery at the bottom of this page that our photographer used to access the land. Locals have reported a bridge on the New Mexico side of the border that can be used to cross the Pine River, but our photographer couldn’t find it. Those more familiar with the area may have better luck.
- It should be noted that despite the fact this property has a well maintained, named road (Pine River Road) going through it, and despite the fact there are utilities throughout the area, San Juan Title was unable to confirm "legal access" for the property. When asked about this, our title company explained this may be because the road is not County maintained which means there are no easements of record. They further explained that sometimes there is an easement for the private road but nothing recorded that connects it to the nearest public access. What does this mean for a buyer? If your plan is to park an RV on the land or use it as a vaction spot, the lack of "legal access" will likely not impact you. If, however, you plan to take out a loan from a bank to build on the property, you should be aware that most lenders will not loan on a property that does not have this designation. For futher information on this and how it may potentially impact the property or the buyer, please watch the video at the top of this page. The topic of Legal Access will be discussed at ...
NOTE: We are requesting an upfront Non-Refundable Earnest Money Deposit of $500.00. This is not an installment sale and there is no financing offered. This is a cash transaction. After we have your Deposit we will contact you about how to proceed with finalizing the purchase, whether it be by credit card, wire transfer or title & escrow. If you elect to close through escrow, buyer will be responsible for all closing costs.
|Location||San Juan County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||2.5 Acres|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description||SEC 17 TWN 31N RNG 7W|
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 36.900960 -107.588185|
|NW: 36.9013820039346 -107.588714331704|
|NE: 36.9013830911377 -107.58749678704|
|SW: 36.9004713589474 -107.588711411487|
|SE: 36.9004724325646 -107.58750864564|
|Zoning||Rural-Residential, No Zoning Restrictions|
|Access||Well Maintained Dirt Roads; Located on Pine River Road|
|Power||No Source on Property; Solar Is Best|
|Phone||In The Area or Mobile/Satellite|
|Water||By Well, Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Special Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Notary Close|
|Doc Prep Fee||$150.00|
|Nearby Towns||Farmington: 37 miles|
|Telluride: 72 miles|
|Gallup: 114 miles|
|Taos: 116 miles|
|Santa Fe: 124 miles|
|Albuquerque: 136 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Navajo Dam Marina (Link)|
|Heron Lake State Park (Link)|
|El Vado Lake State Park (Link)|
|Abiquiu Lake Recreation Area (Link)|
|Georgie O’Keefe Museum (Link)|
|Things To Do In Telluride (Link)|
|Things To Do In Taos (Link)|
|Things To Do In Taos Ski Valley (Link)|
|Four Corners Monument (Link)|
|Things To Do In Sante Fe (Link)|
|County Contact Info||San Juan County Assessor's Office (505) 334-6157|
|San Juan County Building Division (505) 334-4313|
|San Juan County Zoning Ordinance|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info (Link)|
|Well Drilling Permit Application (Link)|
Earnest Money Deposit: $500.00
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.