No Planning & Zoning Laws
Earnest Money Deposit: $500.00
- This property is located less than half a mile west of the 511. The road leading out from the highway is well maintained and passes at least one residence before encountering the subject property. Power can be found at this nearby home which sits roughly 2/10 of a mile from this parcel, meaning getting power extended to the land should not be difficult or expensive.
- The access road actually goes through the property, dividing its northwestern most portion from the rest of the land. The remainder of the lot has a second road along its western boundary. This second road is not as well maintained but can be easily navigated by a four wheel drive or other off road capable vehicle.
- As there are no planning & zoning laws in this part of the county, this property is ideal for those looking to experiment with alternative housing such as a tiny home, container home, earth ship home, or for those who just want to live out of their RV.
- The lack of formal zoning law also suggests that this land can be used for a business such as RV/boat storage or other such enterprise which may take advantage of the nearby lake and the tourists who flock to it every summer to fish and swim in its waters.
- This property has more trees and vegetation on it than we're used to seeing in this area, and like much of the land situated close to the canyons around the marina, some of the property has a rocky terrain. Anyone looking to build out here will likely need to invest in some landscaping and tree removal prior to consturction. That being said, the property also has a nice gradual incline to its south, meaning anyone who does choose to build on it will have nice views of the surrounding valley and the nearby Pine River.
- Anyone looking to use the property for RV'ing or camping should know that the northwestern most portion (north of the road) is flat and can easily accomodate either of these activities.
- Like much of the land in this area, a natural gas pumping station can be found nearby. Our photographer assures us that during his time shooting the property, he heard no more than a mild, barely audible droning.
- Priced at $9,000 this is the cheapest two and a half acre lot in San Juan County either on the MLS or the internet and is second only to our own inventory. The next lowest like-type property (ironically, about five lots over from this one) is listed for $21,000, making this the type of incredible savings we pride ourselves on here at Hemingway Land.
- This property was closed on and its title insured through San Juan Title.
|Location||San Juan County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||2.41 Acres|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description||SECTION 25 TOWNSHIP 31N RANGE 8W, LOT 71|
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 36.871862 -107.625296|
|NW: 36.8722766472794 -107.625870705463|
|NE: 36.8722747077879 -107.62476257838699|
|SW: 36.8713900949675 -107.625865849148|
|SE: 36.8713874627808 -107.624760481447|
|Zoning||Rural-Residential, No Zoning Restrictions|
|Access||Well Maintained Dirt Roads|
|Power||Roughly 2/10 of a Mile Away; Solar or Alternative|
|Phone||In The Area or Mobile/Satellite|
|Water||By Well, Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Notary Close|
|Doc Prep Fee||$150.00|
|Nearby Towns||Farmington: 33 miles|
|Telluride: 74 miles|
|Gallup: 112 miles|
|Taos: 133 miles|
|Santa Fe: 138 miles|
|Albuquerque: 145 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Navajo Dam Marina (Link)|
|Heron Lake State Park (Link)|
|El Vado Lake State Park (Link)|
|Abiquiu Lake Recreation Area (Link)|
|Georgie O’Keefe Museum (Link)|
|Things To Do In Telluride (Link)|
|Things To Do In Taos (Link)|
|Things To Do In Taos Ski Valley (Link)|
|Four Corners Monument (Link)|
|Things To Do In Sante Fe (Link)|
|County Contact Info||San Juan County Assessor's Office (505) 334-6157|
|San Juan County Building Division (505) 334-4313|
|San Juan County Zoning Ordinance|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info (Link)|
|Well Drilling Permit Application (Link)|
Earnest Money Deposit: $500.00
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.