Close To Abiquiu Lake
Earnest Money Deposit: $500.00
- This 3.24 acre lot is located in Indian Ridge Estates, a subdivision situated just east of Abiquiu off the 544 in a residential area that boasts nice homes and breathtaking views of the nearby Sierra Negro Mountains. Additionally, the property boasts a largely flat terrain devoid of hills, slopes, rocks or arroyos and sits in an area with underground utilities serviced by the Jemez Mountains Electric Co-op, two facts which should make the construction of your dream home both easy and affordable.
- This property is a corner lot located between Hunter and Cactus Drives along Indian Ridge Boulevard and has road access along three of its boundaries. Additionally, the roads in this region are a well maintained mix of dirt and gravel which will provide easy access to the property year ‘round no matter the vehicle type traversing them.
- Ideal for the outdoor enthusiast, this property sits within one mile of the Rio Chama River and within a fifteen minute drive of Abiquiu Lake. Rio Chama is known as a great river to fish and is stocked with Walleye, Small Mouth Bass, Rainbow and Brown Trout. Nearby Abiquiu Lake offers an assortment of great recreation activities as well, from boating and fishing to jet skiing, wind surfing and kayaking. You may bring your own boat or, if you don’t have one, rent one at the marina and spend a leisurely day on the lake. Additionally, the white sandstone cliffs and mesmerizing views of Plaza Blanca can be found within easy driving distance of this property and may offer plenty of opportunities for hiking, climbing and general sight-seeing.
- In addition to Plaza Blanca, you may explore all the famous art this region inspired at the Georgia O’Keefe Museum, located only a short ten minute drive from the subject property.
- The Abiquiu Volunteer Fire Department sits a short five minute drive from this land as well as the fair grounds where Rio Arriba County hosts their annual county fair. Additionally, schools, churches and supplies can be found in the nearby towns of El Rito, Medanales and Abiquiu. For larger supply or grocery runs, such as to the local Wal-Mart or Home Depot, Espanola is a quick twenty minute drive away along the 84.
- Like most land in Rio Arriba County, this property is zoned ‘Rural Residential’ which is an intentionally vague zoning designation that defers to whatever covenants and restrictions come with the land. In this particular subdivision, there is a set of CCRs, included here and linked in the table below, which were drafted close to fifty years ago by the original developer. While it’s safe to assume many of these covenants are either antiquated or unenforceable, the major take-away to anyone interested in this property, is that the land is meant to be used as a residential home site, and not for office space, RV’ing, camping, etc. For further insights into the CCRs governing this land please view the video at the top of this page (discussion of this topic begins at 09:13).
- This property was closed on and its title insured through New Mexico Land & Title.
|Location||Rio Arriba County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||3.24 Acres|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description||INDIAN RIDGE ESTATES, UNIT 1, BLOCK 13, LOT 1|
|Access||Well Maintained Dirt/Gravel Road|
|Power||Underground Utilities; Solar or Alternative|
|Phone||In The Area|
|Water||By Well, Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Notary Close|
|Doc Prep Fee||$150.00|
|Nearby Towns||Santa Fe: 43 miles (56 min)|
|Taos: 57 miles (1 h 13 min)|
|Albuquerque: 106 miles (1 h 49 min)|
|Farmington: 160 miles (2 h 46 min)|
|Points Of Interest||Abiquiu Lake Recreation Area (Link)|
|Plaza Blanca (Link)|
|Georgie O’Keefe Museum (Link)|
|Heron Lake State Park (Link)|
|El Vado Lake State Park (Link)|
|Navajo Dam Marina (Link)|
|Things To Do In Taos (Link)|
|Things To Do In Taos Ski Valley (Link)|
|Things To Do In Sante Fe (Link)|
|County Contact Info||Rio Arriba County Assessor's Office (575) 588-7726|
|Rio Arriba County Planning & Zoning (505) 753-7774|
|Jemez Mountain Electric Co-op (505) 753-2105|
|New Mexico Department of Game & Fish|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info (Link)|
|Well Drilling Permit Application (Link)|
Earnest Money Deposit: $500.00
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.