With Power & Paved Road Access
Earnest Money Deposit: $1,000.00
- This ten acre lot has paved road access off of Colbert Avenue and sits just south of the Hope Highway, a major arterial leading in and out of nearby Artesia. It has existing fencing along the southern and eastern boundaries and the remnants of a fence along its western side. Additionally, power can be found at all adjacent neighboring lots, making the extension of utilities to the subject property easy and affordable.
- This area has no formal zoning designation and county officials didn’t object much to the hypothetical scenarios we posed in conversation with them. If building a single family residence with a barn or stables, you’ll likely encounter little resistance in getting a building permit. If you’re looking to do something more “unconventional” such as a tiny home or shipping container home we’d encourage you to call the county at the numbers we have provided in the table below. According to county officials, there are no restrictions of livestock or any rules for parking an RV or mobile home on the land.
- This property sits just ten miles outside of Artesia, a major town where you’ll be able to find groceries, supplies, a Super Wal-Mart, and numerous fast food restaurants as well as schools, churches and medical facilities. Additionally, the larger towns of both Carlsbad and Roswell are only a thirty minute drive south and north, respectively, and both these towns will provide even more opportunity for recreation and nightlife to help you unwind on your weekends.
- A number of state parks and recreation areas can be found within easy driving distance of this land. There’s the Bottomless Lakes State Park and Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge, both outside of nearby Roswell as well as the Lake Carlsbad Beach Park and the Carlsbad Caverns in nearby Carlsbad. Additionally, with the Pecos River snaking through this area, there are plenty of opportunities for fishing as the New Mexico Department of Game & Fish regularly stocks this river with Rainbow Trout. The Brantley Lake State Park just south of Artesia is a catch-and-release area where you can fish for White Bass and Catfish.
- The Ruidoso Downs Racetrack and the Billy the Kid Casino are located only an hour and a half northwest of this land. If gambling isn’t your thing, Ruidoso is also home to Ski Apache and the nearby Winter Park.
- While $50,000 may be a lot of money, it doesn’t typically go very far when buying land in this area. This is the cheapest property on a price-per-acre basis we were able to find in Eddy County that’s under $100,000. In reviewing all the comps online and on the MLS, nothing comes remotely close to this 10 Acre lot, making this the sort of incredible deal we pride ourselves on here at Hemingway Land.
- This property was closed on and its title insured through New Mexico Land And Title.
This property is represented by an agent with Coldwell Banker. Any buyer who would like to deal exclusively with our agent and bypass the $1,000 deposit on our website, may do so by calling our offices at 702.919.7170. We will put you in touch with our agent and inform you about how that process will work.
|Location||Eddy County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||10 Acres|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description||SECTION 14 TOWNSHIP 17 SOUTH, RANGE 24 EAST, N.M.P.M. SE1/4 SE1/4 NM1/4|
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 32.836723 -104.560390|
|NW: 32.8374542121731 -104.561519534713|
|NE: 32.8374711756695 -104.559286692458|
|SW: 32.8356349944757 -104.561533336981|
|SE: 32.8356495319247 -104.559273738669|
|Zoning||No Formal Zoning Designation|
|Access||Paved Road, Colbert Ave|
|Power||At The Lot Line|
|Phone||In The Area or Mobile/Satellite|
|Water||By Well, Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Buyer's Choice|
|Doc Prep Fee||Waived|
|Nearby Towns||Artesia: 7 miles|
|Carlsbad: 34 miles|
|Roswell: 39 miles|
|Cloudcroft : 68 miles|
|Ruidoso: 73 miles|
|Alamogordo: 81 miles|
|Hobbs: 83 miles|
|Clovis: 133 miles|
|Las Cruces: 133 miles|
|Odessa, TX: 145 miles|
|Midland, TX: 156 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Carlsbad Caverns National Park (Link)|
|Brantley Lake State Park (Link)|
|International UFO Museum (Link)|
|Bottomless Lakes State Park (Link)|
|Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge (Link)|
|Ruidoso Winter Park (Link)|
|Ruidoso Downs Racetrack & Casino (Link)|
|Ski Apache (Link)|
|County Contact Info||Eddy County Assessor's Office (575) 885-3813|
|Eddy County Planning & Development (575) 887-9511|
|Central Valley Electric Cooperative, Inc. (575) 746-3571|
|Otis Mutual Domestic Water Consumers and Sewage Works Assn (575) 236-6351|
|New Mexico Gas Company (888) NM-GAS-CO|
|New Mexico Department of Game & Fish (505) 476-8000|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info (Link)|
|Well Drilling Permit Application (Link)|
Earnest Money Deposit: $1,000.00
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.