Mobile, Modular Friendly
Best of all, however, is that despite its seclusion, this location will put you only a short drive away from numerous parks and recreation areas including White Sands. Furthermore, this untouched desert oasis sits in close proximity to the thriving Las Cruces metropolitan area. This will make it very easy to take advantage of all the city has to offer while still being able to retreat to your own rugged western paradise at the end of each day.
- This property sits north-north east of the Las Cruces suburbs. While you can get to this property by turning north off US 70 at Holman Road, it should be noted that this lot sits just past the developed residential area in a more secluded and rugged portion of the valley. Power lines stop roughly a half mile south of the subject property at a very nice home along Moongate. Additionally, roads out here will require a larger vehicle with off road capabilities.
- It should also be noted that while “legal access” to the property is along Rabbit Run Road, our photographer reported difficulty accessing the land from this road and suggested two alternative paths. Watch the video at the top of this page or view the driving direction maps in the gallery at the bottom for further details.
- This property is zoned D-1, a designation which means “low density” residential zone. Single family homes, whether site built, pre-fab, or mobile, may be used in this area. It should also be noted that the D-1 Zoning designation has no minimum square footage requirement, which means the construction of a tiny house may be permitted here. For more information about D-1 Zoning, see the PDF in the table below or contact the Dona Ana Community Development Office.
- Given the distance to the nearest utilities, solar will likely be the best method of powering the home or structure you build on this property. As solar has become both more affordable and reliable in recent years, powering a house can be done with a much smaller unit than was previously necessary in the past. This may be complicated to set up at first, but the money you save both in getting power out to the lot, as well as in the monthly electric bills you’ll no longer have to pay, will likely make the effort worth it.
- The Dona Ana County Assessor places the market value of this land at $6,000. Furthermore, in reviewing the comps for 1 acre lots within this county, we were unable to find anything that comes remotely close to this property price wise. Given the price-point, and the typically high costs of land in this region, we believe this lot can be an excellent way for both the casual buyer or a buy-and-hold investor to enter the Las Cruces real estate market.
- This property was closed on and its title insured through New Mexico Land And Title.
|Location||Doña Ana County, New Mexico|
|Lot Size||1 Acre|
|Available Financing||Click Here To Read About Financing Options|
|Legal Description|| SECTION 20 TOWNSHIP 21S RANGE 3E PT OF
|Latitude-Longitude||Center: 32.466458 -106.652006|
|NW: 32.4664635956434 -106.652445191511|
|NE: 32.4664522355235 -106.651375536116|
|SW: 32.4660822323995 -106.652434171214|
|SE: 32.4660873470777 -106.651370677216|
|Power||Solar or Alternative; Power One Half Mile From Property|
|Water||By Well, Catchment System or Holding Tank|
|Conveyance Document||Warranty Deed|
|Type of Closing||Notary Close|
|Doc Prep Fee||$150.00|
|Nearby Towns||Las Cruces: 12 miles|
|Alamogordo: 48 miles|
|El Paso: 49 miles|
|Deming: 66 miles|
|Ruidoso: 85 miles|
|Albuquerque: 180 miles|
|Points Of Interest||Explore Las Cruces (Link)|
|White Sands National Park (Link)|
|Old Mesilla Village (Link)|
|Spaceport America (Link)|
|NM Museum of Space History (Link)|
|Organ Mountains & Desert Peak National Monument (Link)|
|Caballo Lake State Park (Link)|
|Elephant Butte Lake State Park (Link)|
|Ruidoso Winter Park (Link)|
|Ruidoso Downs Racetrack & Casino (Link)|
|Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum (Link)|
|The Zuhl Museum (Link)|
|Pancho Villa State Park (Link)|
|Rock Hound State Park (Link)|
|County Contact Info||Doña Ana County Assessor's Office
|Doña Ana County Community Development
|Doña Ana County Unified Development Code (PDF)|
|El Paso Electric (800) 592-1634|
|Moongate Water Company (575) 382-7001|
|Zia Natural Gas Company (575) 378-4277|
|New Mexico State Engineer 1-800-WATERNM|
|Well Drilling Info (Link)|
|Well Drilling Permit Application (Link)|
Disclaimer: While The Hemingway Land Company does extensive research on all our properties prior to listing them, there are always County-specific rules/regulations we will not be aware of. The information provided on this page is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. All prospective buyers, however, are encouraged to contact the county at the links and numbers provided in this table to confirm that whatever plans that buyer has for the property in question are in fact legal, feasible and permitted. Due diligence is the buyer’s responsibility and all sales are final.